Posting: Effective Immediately
Salary Range: $65,000 +
222 S. First Street, Suite 201
Louisville, Kentucky 40202
Untitled is seeking a data engineer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is equally a data wrangler and data pipeline builder. We are looking for an individual who can work in a variety of environments and can effectively execute on complex and diverse problems.
A data engineer at Untitled will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of architecture and analytics projects for clients, and managing the data pipeline supporting the Untitled platform. The candidate ideally would have some familiarity of working in a consulting capacity for companies, and practical experience in digital transformations or DBA/data architect roles in the past.
It is paramount that an Untitled data engineer has relevant experience in big data workflows, and can specifically outline how they would tackle designing and executing on data intensive application problems. They must be able to approach each unique problem with a holistic view of the organizations we are working with, and have the ability to prescribe optimal solutions and data stacks for each company. Our goal is that the data engineer can assist and guide our engineers and data scientists on efficient and automated paths to success.
- Support and augment the data pipeline feeding the Untitled platform
- Build and support data-pipelines in Untitled clients’ environments
- Design and implement APIs for clients and the Untitled platform
- Tap APIs and build orchestration work-flows for API taps
- Assemble large complex data sets
- Build infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading from a wide variety of data sources and environments. Must be able to automate ETL tasks and data-jobs at enterprise scale
- Connect and support data sources that flow into data warehouses
- Connect and support data warehouses that feed business analytics tools such as PowerBI, Sisense and Tableau
- Work alongside data architects, data scientists, analysts and software engineers to assist in wrangling, assembling, cleaning, and loading data into workable environments and analytics tools
- Must be able to accurately scope data pipeline projects end-to-end, and have flexibility regarding solution implementations given client budget constraints, time constraints, and organizational bandwidth
- Write thorough documentation on work committed to projects
- Must be able to communicate with non-technical team members, in order to facilitate accurate project tracking and management of client/stakeholder expectations
- Specialization: Generalist or Pipeline-centric data engineer
- Programming Languages: SQL, Python, Spark, Java Script
- Skills: Data wrangling from APIs, ETL scripting and automation, database design, data architecture know-how, experience in a multitude of data warehouses and environments
- Cloud: AWS, Azure, Snowflake, Google BigQuery
- AWS Cloud Specific Tools: Glue, Lambda, S3, Redshift, CloudWatch, AppSync, Neptune, SageMaker
- ETL Tools: Stitch Data, Talend, Funnel, FiveTran
- Database Expertise: both SQL and NoSQL databases
- 2-5 years professional experience. Undergrad degree preferred but NOT required.
- Experience in implementing analytics pipelines powering platforms like PowerBI, Tableau, Sisense and Looker
- Experience developing in the singer.io framework
- Docker experience
- Machine Learning production-level implementations